We need a Best Offer option, people are assuming items are free when you post $0 or $1

SOLVED
Level 9
Even better, after I post read post not free they still ask if item is free. It would help if there was this option since people are getting confused..
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Helper
@Otis1--This option may not make a difference especially when you can post items for $5 & people will ask if they can have the item for free. Sometimes it's just the people who are inquiring & don't really want to pay (want something for nothing).
6 REPLIES 6
Community Helper
@Otis1--This option may not make a difference especially when you can post items for $5 & people will ask if they can have the item for free. Sometimes it's just the people who are inquiring & don't really want to pay (want something for nothing).
Level 9
Understood, that's the frustration in the community. Once you say NO some of these responses back are strange. If I answer its like Ive opened up a can of worms, if I dont respond it can effect your response time. Damned if you do damned if you dont. Thank you though, either way there's more positive things to say about OU, things are selling so that's the most important thing here.
Community Helper
@Otis1--The goal is to remain optimistic!! You're not going to please everyone, but you just have to stay true to yourself!!
Level 9
@Otis1 OK since nobody else is going to say it I guess I'm going to posting an item for 0 or $1 is definitely confusing to buyers. Technically speaking per the TOS Item should be posted it the price you're expecting. People can always offer you lower but by posting an item at 0 or $1 It manipulates the search results to attempt to drive more traffic. Offer up Has recently been flagging and pulling more of these ads for price manipulation I'm even aware of several accounts they have banned for Doing this. Below please find the applicable Posting guidelines

"Titles and descriptions should give buyers a clear, honest, and accurate description so they can tell if the item is what they're looking for. Some things to avoid:

Don't add keywords or price points intended to manipulate search results.
Don't link to websites or post URLs.
Don't provide personal information, such as a phone number or email address.
Don't solicit risky payment methods such as Western Union or Moneygram."
Highlighted
Level 9
The truth never hurts, didn't know that was part of the guidelines. I usually always put price in unless I truly don't know and offer others to make an offer. On other sites you can do that and sometimes people are very honest and say that piece is truly worth XYZ and I would like to offer you this amount. Would that work? And most times just for that key point and honesty that helped me with 3 things 1. An educated Buyer 2. Honest and fair customer to do business with. 3. A sale. Either way, thank you for your feedback Agapecer.
Level 3
You can't ask any more from anyone other than staying true to ones self! If in fact that is how all things on offer up were done there could be no more said because you give it your best and if it's the best it can't be done any better!! Great post and thank you it is inspiring!