What are the current Label weight limits?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Community Member
Greetings,

Shipping prices, app weight limits and actual printed Label limits used to be:
• $5 = 0-0.5 lbs (in app); 15 oz. on Label
• $8 = 0.5-3 lbs (in app); 10 lbs on Label
• $12 = 3-10 lbs (in app); 18 lbs on Label

I now see the pricing has changed as follows:
• $3 = 0-0.5 lbs (in app); ? on Label
• $7 = 0.5-3 lbs (in app); ? on Label
• $10 = 3-10 lbs (in app); ? on Label

Can somebody with recent sales please fill in the 3 question marks above? Are the corresponding ‘Label’ weight limits still 15 oz, 10 lbs and 18 lbs like before?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 3
Everything is changed ! No more usps. Now we get slow ups delivery and you get your money in two weeks from shipping date . Buyer gets damaged product in 7-8 days I believe the weights are all correctly stated now. Offerup devs are now trying to milk every penny out of us and the buyers.
5 REPLIES 5
Level 9
I am going to guess they are not. To be safe follow the label weights. This sucks.
Level 3
Everything is changed ! No more usps. Now we get slow ups delivery and you get your money in two weeks from shipping date . Buyer gets damaged product in 7-8 days I believe the weights are all correctly stated now. Offerup devs are now trying to milk every penny out of us and the buyers.
Community Member
Yeap, StVicious is right. Today I sold a 10 lb item and the label has a 10 lb limit (used to be 18 lbs) and it’s through UPS now (used to be USPS).

UPS is out of the way for me unlike the Post Office.

Not happy with the change but oh well.
Level 1
Actually the $3 ships up to 8 oz.
The $7 on the app says up to 3 lb on the sticker that's printed says 2 lb
Haven't gotten no further than that yet I'm afraid to ship anymore. They're going to lose a lot of customers with this shipping price of $7 for 9 oz products

@SusieMck 

The "sticker" is what is being used on the package, so go by the rate specified on shipping label sticker. For now, disregad the "in app" shipping rate, until further notice.

Shipping rates have changed with an added carrier...UPS. In short, any item over 8oz will be shipped via UPS, so it has changed.

Read the below thread as it is already being discussed. In the future, just use the search bar for any topic on main forum page.

https://community.offerup.com/t5/Pro-Tips/Now-it-says-shipping-options-are-UPS-for-8-12-amp-40/td-p/...