What do you do when buyers dont show up?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Level 2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 9
I tend to remind any buyer 5min prior to see if they're on their way.

I'm not willing to travel / walk on the off chance they decide not to show or have a genuine emergency.

Anyways, back to your question.

If they do flake I'll ask for an update once.

If I see they read my message and chose not to reply back within 6min I block and report the user.

Go home and move on with any other interested parties.

It's rare when happens to me, only two or three times out of 150+ doesn't seem bad.
3 REPLIES 3
Level 9
I tend to remind any buyer 5min prior to see if they're on their way.

I'm not willing to travel / walk on the off chance they decide not to show or have a genuine emergency.

Anyways, back to your question.

If they do flake I'll ask for an update once.

If I see they read my message and chose not to reply back within 6min I block and report the user.

Go home and move on with any other interested parties.

It's rare when happens to me, only two or three times out of 150+ doesn't seem bad.
Community Helper

Welcome to the Community Forums @Maryplee.

Join some of the current conversations and this is a topic you can also find a lot of info about.

I haven't been stood up yet. Actually, once. But a repeat buyer who I knew was good for the sale anyhow. 

Always try to coordinate meet-ups same day.

Always try to make location most convenient to you.

Strive for good communication before hand.

I give 15 min. If I don't hear from them, I leave. That's it. If I agreed to meet someone, it means we had good communication prior to that. So, I would check to be sure they're ok. After that, I move on.

Community Helper
@Maryplee Not all buyers are going to be reliable. @goblin gave a great response though! As a buyer if we have preset a time a place, I usually give a 15-30 beforehand message saying see you soon, or are we still on for #:## (time).
As a buyer across multiple platforms, with many meet ups every day I always try my best to be honest about planned meeting times although have made the mistake of over booking times or forgetting to mark the time in my log.
If I’m ever going to be 5-15 mins late, I try and message them with updates and keep them informed.
If I have made a mistake and have missed a pre-set time (rarely) but it happens. First off, extreme apologies and I give the reason why I missed. I then leave it up to the seller to decide on pretty much anything they desire time/place. I would never be upset if the seller decided upon selling to someone else because of my mistake!
I have no problem with reporting as I would respond immediately, although in my opinion, regardless if you sell to someone else. I would give the other person 24 hours to respond with a reason before reporting as you never know the circumstances of a single missed meet up