What if we could post one video or send one

SOLVED
Level 6

@Hi-there

I understand the intent of the videos, but as I have reiterated, it can be done by other means.  There is a reason why there is no customer support email address /phone number/live chat etc.  It is cost prohibitive to hire people  to review videos.  It will not happen.

Level 10! You're a 10!
@Lapua-Thank you for your time and response.
@Lapua it's done on another site just like this one with no problems at all. I post a 3 sec video and up to 10 pictures. They have software that can recognize what the item is...
Level 10! You're a 10!
@BrightMoonstone-I also am aware of a few other buying & selling sites that allow you to add/upload video content. There are also times that you have the option to view the feedback & people have stated "Being allowed to see the item work & being able to view the videos have been extremely helpful as a buyer." (For example). That's why this is a great forum where people have the ability to put ideas out there, & we can provide feedback.
Level 6

@BrightMoonstone wrote:
@Lapua  They have software that can recognize what the item is...

Even with Google's resources it cannot figure out a way to make a decent image recognition imaging software, and neither does China.  No such algorithm exists at this time for each "bit" recognition within a video.  

Level 10! You're a 10!
@BrightMoonstone--Thank you for your response!! You brought up valid points!! I really appreciate it!!
@Lapua I use this site every day what I'm saying is it knows if its something inappropriate during those 3 seconds. There's other sites that have this feature with no problems..they don't need a crew to watch every video
Level 6

@BrightMoonstone

The video premise is not an innovative idea (ie.. Etsy, Vzar,etc.).  Each app has different values.

Level 10! You're a 10!
OfferUp is all about safety, having the ability to see both buyers and sellers in a short video., would make OfferUp members more comfortable in the buying and selling experience, and yes there is other sites with video options. 😎🇬🇧
Level 6

BTW, this subject has been discussed before. Believe or not both @Elinand @Mj_206 agreed with my thoughts on the matter in regards to compliancy. You can search the forums.