What would you like to see added to OfferUp app?

Level 9

@RevivalGypsy   Mj works more than people know. She has so much going on. I hope she never leaves. I can only imagine what she goes through in a day.

@Jones68 wrote:

@factsdontcare   So what do you think they need to add to the app to make it better?

1. A listing fee of some sort (even $.50/item/per 90 days) in conjunction with an expiration date, so that sellers remain engaged with the app. This will decrease the number of scams/multiple/duplicate ads.

2. Video upload capability.

3. The shipping system requires an overhaul. Other than the "Buyer Protection Claim" feature, compared to other selling platforms, OU's shipping system is inefficient and literally a "joke".

4. Desktop mode available to every user.

Level 9
Agree with all but the fees. @factsdontcare

A reminder or listing expiration after 30 days imo would be better. How would they charge these fees? Most pickup users dont even have bank info uploaded. I would list only about 25% of my stuff if i had to pay.

Last login that is obvious to buyers may help too. Currently it shows only a "few days ago" then nothing.

@RevivalGypsy wrote:
Agree with all but the fees. @factsdontcare

A reminder or listing expiration after 30 days imo would be better. How would they charge these fees? Most pickup users dont even have bank info uploaded. I would list only about 25% of my stuff if i had to pay.

Last login that is obvious to buyers may help too. Currently it shows only a "few days ago" then nothing.

I am glad you caught on my hidden agenda...the listing fee will force a seller's acct to be tied to a payment source (sort of a less intrusive option than TruYou).

Level 9

I’m not happy with a fee either. Pickups are cash in hand. Everything else sounds really good. But I’m only one person. Glad we are getting ideas flowing. Going better than I thought. Really pleased.

Level 9
@factsdontcare It would eliminate a large portion of buyers and sellers without credit cards or bank accounts. And those that are cautious about adding this info into an app with live customer service.
That seems unfair as there are very few apps that dont require bank accounts left.
They currently can choose local only to pay or sell in cash.
I dont even think prepaid cards are acceptable here, but i may be wrong.

Just my opinions of course.
Level 9

@RevivalGypsy  I understand if it’s being shipped, then there are fee’s. Meetups are always cash. I wouldn’t put my credit card on because I don’t ship and it’s always meetups, cash in hand. Then like you said, some people don’t have credit cards. Some people have bad credit. So yes I agree with you. OfferUp would lose a lot of people. I for one would not want to see that happen.