Will not let me add my phone number

SOLVED
Highlighted
I've reinstalled offer up sighed out of it and it still gives me an error massage can some one explain this to me
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Hey everyone - our teams are currently looking into this. It appears that it is impacting quite a few of our community members, so I'll be sure to update you guys as soon as I have more info!

42 REPLIES 42
Level 1

I get an error code in the app everytime I try to verify my number.  Please help.

Me too
Level 2

It seems to not be working tonight for android phones

Level 1

I have a posting that I am unable to edit or make responses to offers for due to my phone number not being verified. Everytime I try to verify I am sent a text and the app just says "Error" returning me to the screen to enter my mobile number, not allowing me to input any code.

I've tried on and off wifi, reinstalled the app, reboot the phone, tried a different mobile number. This is very frustrating as I am unable to respond to any messages on my offer.

Tags (3)
Community Manager

Welcome to the community, @Official_zero! Are you trying to add a VOIP number by chance, like Google Voice? 

Level 1

I am having the same issue. Doesn't matter what phone number I use. I just receive "Error" and nothing happens, the text comes in but I do not get to enter the code. I need to complete this to respond to offers.

Community Helper
@kt9200 Welcome to the OfferUp Community forum,

kt9200 I also recommend clearing any cache/cookies for each device and browser you use to connect to OfferUp on. This will give your app a little refresh and typically resolves most error messages.

You can troubleshoot yourself by signing out (clearing app cache / data) and then try to sign back in.

If the issue persists, I would recommend contacting customer care from the link below. Or through Twitter at OfferUp if this option is available to you.

OfferUp Customer care
https://offerup.com/support/new/
I'm useing my phone number and I just get error after error and cannot get it to except my number idk why I've done everything hotrod said and didn't work
Community Helper
@Official_zero at this point I would recommend contact customer care from my links above.