error message when blocking

Level 4

I don't have to block people much, but when I do, I get an error message that says " try again!"  This is on the app on my phone but I can block people fine on my computer. Do I need to uninstall and reinstall to fix? 

15 REPLIES 15
Level 9

@kknip03   I’m no expert but it couldn’t hurt to uninstall then reboot phone and then redownload app and install. Reboot after install is complete. Let me know how it goes. Good luck.

Level 4

Uninstalled, rebooted phone, installed app again from play store, signed in, found a scammer pretty quick,reported them, hit block button, still says try again.  Don't know, maybe an admin can help???

Level 9

@aidenholley  I was trying to help @kknip03 . What I had him try didn’t work. Maybe you have some information. @kknip03  I asked a friend to come. She’ll have more insight than me. 

Community Helper
Maybe contact support. https://offerup.com/support/new/

@kknip03 

As a test, avoid using the blocking function for 2 days (while on the app), and see it reverts back to normal without the error.

Highlighted
Level 4

@aidenholley  Thanks for the link, I was kind of looking for it earlier. I give them all the info, will wait to see what they say.

Community Helper
@kknip03 it was no problem. Hopefully it gets fixed for you.
Level 1
I just had the same problem. I've gone through reporting someone 3x and blocking and get the same error message. Not feeling good about this app when this security feature breaks down.
I had the same thing too, and this user repeatedly threatened to k*ill me. Somehow I got banned because of it. Annoying the block feature wasn't working today