spam

Highlighted
i don’t know about anyone else but i can’t stand when people spam there business of buying phones or something. i think there should be a limit to how many times you should be able to post things per day or per week. and when newcomers don’t understand that you can use more then one picture and post the same post 5 times instead of adding all the pics tocone post. thoughts?
Tags (3)
12 REPLIES 12
OfferUp employee

Would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this. How can we make it better?

Level 1
This is not about spam but I couldn't find any where else to vent my frustrations. So many posts are in the wrong category. Recently in cars and truck, better than half the posts are not related. Stove, toilet, freezer, etc. Flag them as wrong category and 2 days later they are still there and sometimes reposted..
Community Helper
Hi @Ddigity
Yes I hear you, it’s duplicate posts that’s their way of getting around just one posting in on category, they put multiple posts of the same items in multiple categories, really frustrating,
I think 🤔 OfferUp should automatically delete any posts that are duplicates of what is in there items list
Community Helper
@tmacc_attakgang
Yep it’s a pain, they just love to make OfferUp over run with duplicate posts in multiple categories of the same items, like I was saying in the other person post, just make it when the person try’s too post the same items in multiple categories they get automatically delete
Level 1
Man I have tried to block these people who sell tv mounts and I can't... I am so sick of seeing tv mounts when all I want is a TV... I have reported them and it still shows tv mounts when all I wanna see or buy is a tv!!!
Level 1
I am with u I am so tired of trying to look up tv's and all I see is people selling or installing tv mounts!!! Get then to stop please with all the Spamming!!
Level 1
Yeah it is annoying, I have been looking for TV and all you see is people selling or installing these tv mounts.... I am about to stick with 5miles!! I am fed up with duplicate post.
OfferUp employee

@Speedracer Hey there. I just went to the app to see if I could find TVs and I found a ton. When you look for them, how are you searching? Are you going into Electronics, or are you typing in "TV" in the search section? Let me know so I can see if I can help! 

Level 3
I completely agree. How is it possible or fair for anyone to list at least one ad when other users are literally "spamming" multiple ads such as "We buy phones". I've reported this to offerup many times but nothing has been done. This app is horrible.