Hi MJ, as I said above, I already tried doing that and I haven’t received anything back. At this point the buyer has the item, and My thought process is, if I cancel the order at this point, they don’t have anything holding them to paying that money anymore. They claim it’s been withdrawn from the account and offer up is holding it in limbo, and as I already mentioned, my tracking number via USPS isn’t sufficing when it asks for the UPS tracking number. It’s been 4 days now and I haven’t heard anything from OfferUp and nothing’s been changed on anything (I even supposed the transaction # when i reached out. I feel like if I could get a human with some sort of power this could be handled quickly since the seller and I are not in disagreement about me getting paid, it’s just the app now. It was my initial mistake, but this being the first time I’ve shipped using OfferUp (and I sell a lot/ship outside of OfferUp plenty) im very disappointed in this system. Clearly there is some major issues that require non-fill in the bubble courses of action and the support just isn’t there, built in, on call by OfferUp, or otherwise, What should I do to complete this transaction and get my payment, please? Thank you,
... View more
Here’s my issue. I excepted an offer for an item I’m selling, I brought the shipping label, go to the post office that I always go to Which is my local USPS, and go to ship the item. The lady says hey, this shipping label says UPS on it, and not even thinking anything of it, I just takeThe label off and write their address on the package instead. So I ship it, and later when I go to put the information into offer up to conclude finish up the shipment process, I realize my tracking information from USPS is not going to suffice for offer up because it wants the UPS information. So I have my tracking information for USPS, but no way to confirm that I did it since offer up will not except the tracking number. So now my item is on the way, But from what I have read here, offer up is going to cancel this order tomorrow based on my timeline and my item is already in route. That means the buyer will get the item and not have to pay a thing to me, even though I will have tracking information verifying it reached them. I don’t know if I have enough time to cancel the shipment via USPS, but assuming I do not at this point as it was priority mail Wednesday and it’s now 12:20am Friday... What do I do? I’ve already sent an inquiry to offer up and that was on Thursday morning I believe. I have not heard back yet. Am I basically screwed? Assuming the buyer is not going to try and get away with it without paying, what can they even do via the app? Especially since the order is about to be canceled? Can they even verify that they received it before it’s canceled if they get it, will it even let them I’m not sure what it looks like on that end? Any advice would be super helpful. I’ve been trying to communicate with the buyer but they’re being really difficult, I’m not sure if on purpose or just through sheer ignorance of how the app works. They also are very slow to getting back to me as I message them two days ago when it initially happened and I just heard from them a couple hours ago.
... View more